The Emerging Professional Friendly Firm program aims to identify firm initiatives that promote the advancement of Emerging Professionals through professional development and personal growth opportunities. The accuracy of the data reported through this questionnaire benefits firms, firm leadership and Emerging Professionals.
This program has an ability to attract and retain employees by sending a message to current employees, future employees, and other regional firms that the firm has evaluated their policies from an emerging professional lens, the firm recognizes emerging professionals at their firm, and the firm values Emerging Professionals development to sustain the future growth of their practice. For firm leaders, the infographics created from the data collection enables leadership to compare their firm policies and professional development opportunities with other firms in the region. For an Emerging Professional, the designation can help identify firms in the region that will support their growth (in a multitude of ways) while the infographic results provide them with reference regional statistics when negotiating, looking for a new job, or creating change within their current office.
An Emerging Professional (EP) is defined by the AIA as professionals who have completed their academic studies up to the point of licensure or up to 10 years after completion of their academic studies. For responses to this survey, also include students and architects licensed 10 years or less.
Firms meeting the qualifications for this award will be notified by email. Firms will be sent the 2023 AIA New England Emerging Professional Friendly Firm logo to highlight the firm’s commitment to Emerging Professionals after the awards ceremony. This award is valid for one year, after which firms may reapply for the annual designation.
This award is being sponsored by New England’s AIA Components. A committee will review survey responses and award ‘Emerging Professional Friendly’ status to firms who display an outstanding commitment to the development of their Emerging Professional staff.
Please use the contact form if you have questions regarding the 2023 New England AIA Components Emerging Professional Friendly Firm Awards. Information on last year’s program and results can be found here.
The 2023 EP Friendly Firm Survey has been EXTENDED until September 15th
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY:
- At least one Emerging Professional and at least one firm principal should sit down and fill out the survey together.
- An Emerging Professional (EP) is defined by the AIA as professionals who have completed their academic studies up to the point of licensure or up to 10 years after completion of their academic studies. For responses to this survey, also include students and architects licensed 10 years or less.
- The Emerging Professional should have a strong understanding of firm policies and a working knowledge of their peer’s status with NCARB’s AXP program. The questions are intended to be the framework and documentation of that conversation.
- Please include part-time and full-time staff in your responses in the survey.
- Please allow one hour to complete the survey.
- In order for the survey results to be valid, one firm principal and one Emerging Professional will provide their contact and firm information on the end of the survey.
- One submission per firm.
Questions? Use the contact form below.